Mary Kay Ash inspired us with her belief in success for all people, most notably women.
As an experienced leader in the business world she felt it vital that all women should have
the opportunity to attain their goals and never be limited by anything but their own imagination
and drive to succeed. A person is actually a product of their own thoughts; and when you think big,
you achieve big things.
Consistently, our donors have joined with us in big, big ways to support Mary Kay's dream of eliminating
cancers that affect women and ending domestic violence. They are truly impressive and inspiring! Their steadfast commitment
and heartfelt energies have enabled the Foundation to make a difference in the lives of women and their families through
grants and creative initiatives. Our support for vital programs has surged from $500,000 in 1997 to $3.6 million in 2004
to almost $5 million in 2014.
Here are highlights of what we accomplished together in 2014: (English and Spanish)
- Granted 150 domestic violence shelters $20,000 each – a total of $3 million
- Awarded 12 respected doctors and medical scientists $100,000 each in cancer research
grants – a total of $1.2 million
- Awarded $20,000 bonus grants to three Nature Explore® Classroom winners – a total of $60,000
- Donated $400,000 to CancerCare®, a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing
free professional help to people with cancer, for its Touching Hearts program
- Underwrote the Conference on Crimes Against Women held in Dallas, Texas
- Raised $368,800 from donations at Seminar 2014
- Raised more than $310,000 in the Mary Kay® Charity Golf Classic
- Raised $139,600 in the Dallas 10th annual MK5K® and $20,500 in the Northeast Branch annual MK5K®
- Raised more than $83,500 for the Team Up for Women!® campaign
By sustaining our big hopes, dreams and actions, we will continue to be a positive force in the world.